Love My Ukulele Blog | Recent Posts
Ten Tips to Write Better Songs (Part 2 of 2)
By Ralph Shaw Last time I gave you the first five of ten things you can do to improve your songwriting. Here are the final five tips to help you master melody manipulation and wonderful word weaving: 6) Write From a Place of Emotion. A good place to start is by writing your song from […]
Share and Enjoy
Ten Tips to Write Better Songs (Part 1 of 2)
By Ralph Shaw Today I offer five songwriting tips to help lift your lyrics and make new and mesmerizing melodies. When a fan of my albums Love and Laughter wrote to tell me that he appreciates my “clever songwriting and wordplay that reward close and repeated listenings” he endeared himself to me in two ways: […]
Share and Enjoy
How To Lead A Great Ukulele Jam
By Jim D’Ville As the popularity of the ukulele grows, so does the number of ukulele groups and jam sessions. How to make yours better than average? In this article Jim D’Ville shares practical tips that EVERY jammer and jam leader should know! This article is in C6 tuning (g, c, e, a). Introduction Join […]
Share and Enjoy
Lot’s of exciting new things coming in 2014!!!
Welcome to the LOVE MY UKULELE Website.
2014 is getting off to a great start with lots of new and exciting things planned for our ukulele playing members.
Here is a glimpse at what you can expect to see this year:
- Exciting new Exclusive Limited Edition T-Shirt Designs with the first one due in a few days! What will it be?
- A fundraiser screening of the ukulele documentary "Under The Boardwalk - A Ukulele Love Story" at the LightHouse Cinema in Petone, Wellington, New Zealand.
- A Ukulele Directory and Classified Section for you to list anything uke-related such as:
Ukulele Teachers & Classes
Ukulele Manufacturers & Distributors
Ukuleles - Buy/Sell
Advertising Slots for Ukulele Related Businesses
That's a good start don't you think?
This community would not be so vibrant and strong if it were not for you, our members, so thank you to each and every one of you for being a part of this fast-growing online club.
Keep On Uke-In!
Jamie Houston - Founder
- Cannibal Corpse – Frantic Disembowelment (Ukulele cover)Chicago-based guitarist Rob Scallon, who became an Internet sensation in May when he released a video for his ukulele cover version of SLAYER‘s “War Ensemble”, has returned with yet another unconventional rendition of an extreme-metal song, this time with his ukulele take on “Frantic Disembowelment” by CANNIBAL CORPSE. Check it out below. According to Cleart
- Healing Cancer Through Peace Love & UkuleleShared by Ivan Olarte | It is Friday 7/25/2014 3 days after my prostate surgery for cancer. Still sore, still far from winning the war, but the first dragon was slayed with your help. This is a Thank you to all my Uke, UU, and FB friends who responded to my request to play a song […]
- Lazy Song Played by Cutest 6 Year Old!Check out 6 year old Gail Sophicha playing her cover version of Lazy Song by Bruno Mars – too cute!
- LibertyShared By : Eric Ludwick | It’s finger-pickin’ good! By Mr Ukuleleric
- Desperado on UkuleleShared By : Julian Egan | My arrangement of Desperado by the Eagles.
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
Local Screening of Ukulele Film in Wellington, New Zealand
We have just secured screening rights to the ukulele documentary "Under the Boardwalk - A Ukulele Love Story". A film starring the ukulele club of Santa Cruz (California) the largest ukulele club in the world!
ONE SCREENING ONLY - Tuesday March 4th @ 8pm
CLICK HERE for all the details and to buy your tickets. Seats are limited so get in quickly. Why not get together with your uke club and all come along.
There will be prizes to win and heaps of other uke enthusiasts to meet!
HOT TIP! - come early (from 7.15pm) to check out the display of ukuleles and accessories for sale.
Leather Ukulele Straps
Limited Edition Calligraphy Tee
The Latest from Our Facebook Page
Hit Counter provided by technology news